In no particular order.
- I’m thankful for my parents. They worked so hard to raise me and my siblings (and they’re not done yet!). They sacrificed so much so we would grow up to be good kids. And hopefully we haven’t disappointed them TOO much. :-) The older I get the more I realize — I’m so lucky to have amazing parents like them!!
- I’m thankful for my siblings. I have six of them. They are the best brothers & sisters anyone could ask for. When we were younger they all drove me CRAZY at various points in time — and we went through our phases. Poor Mom. But as we’ve gotten older we’ve gotten closer, and I feel like we’re all SO ALIKE in so many ways. When I’m hanging out with them, I just feel so at home!! Plus, while in most groups of people I’m considered very tall, with my siblings I fit right in. I’m 5’10” and my tallest brother is 6’4″ or something. Yeah.
- I’m thankful for my family-in-law. Ben’s family is very cool. They’re very different from my family but I’ve come to love them a lot, and I enjoy laughing at their antics. :-PMy in-laws are so nice to us and do so many kinds things for us, and Ben’s sibs are fun to hang out with. Since we live close to them we see them a lot, which is awesome. Plus how could I not love the people who are responsible for my husband’s existence? Which brings me to my next point.
- I am thankful for my husband Ben. After 2-1/2 years of being married to him I’m still reeeeally in love. We are our own family now and like any family, we drive each other nuts sometimes. But even so, we’re really happy together. Ben brings so much laughter to my life. He takes great care of me. We enjoy spending time together, and we spend a LOT of time together. So I’m grateful for Ben, glad I picked him, glad he picked me. :)
- I’m thankful for the job we have working at a free camp. It is hard, HARD work sometimes, but it’s pretty fulfilling. We get to host hundreds of kids each summer who otherwise probably wouldn’t have a chance to attend camp. We meet lots of cool high school and college kids, many of whom are going to be amazing world-changers someday and probably will be famous and I will go on TV and say that I knew them when they were 18 and they were amazing then, too. Plus Ben and I get to work together, almost every day of the entire year. I seriously don’t know what I would even do if we went off to work in separate places each day — that would be weird. Also, for my job I occasionally get to put on a wild woman cheetah costume and get onstage and act crazy and talk in a made-up language and then the kids all laugh and then we give them popcorn and they are happy. It’s awesome.
- I’m thankful for my little home in Virginia Beach. The weather is very nice here. The scenery is beautiful. There are lots of nice people, and lots of things to do. If I lived in Siberia I would still find some reasons to be thankful, but it would be harder. :-) Living here is great.
- I’m thankful for Christ. He is a rock on which I am very content to build my life. I often think of the song, “When all around my soul gives way, he then is all my hope and stay.” That’s how it is for me a lot of times.
- I’m thankful for the friends who are currently in my life. I don’t need a truckload of friends to be happy; just a few close friends bring me a lot of joy. I don’t make friends all that easily so I’m really grateful for the friendships I have! Especially old friends that I’m still in touch with, and a small group I’ve recently been able to join which has been amazing.
- I’m thankful for school.To be able to go to school is a blessing that many, many people in the world do not have. I have really enjoyed my classes this semester. My brain hurts some days, but it’s a good hurt, you know? :-P Sometimes I wish I were done with school, but I know one day I’ll look back and miss it. Because I’m a nerd like that.
- And finally … I’m thankful for this day to be thankful for all of our blessings! We are at a beach house with Ben’s family and we are really enjoying the chance to get away a little bit. The weather is just gorgeous. Lots of yummy food has been cooked or is in progress, and it’s a good time.
I’m a lucky girl. :-)