I miss blogging, but there’s no time in my life for it right now. There really isn’t time in my life for anything but working at camp and trying to get enough sleep/food/etc to keep working at camp for the next 2 months or so.
So I don’t know when or if or how often I’ll be able to post, but we should be back to regular programming in August. :D If that’s any comfort.
For now, a few random thoughts …
– We just finished our first EVER teen retreat! We had 30 girls ages 13-15 out here for the weekend and it rocked!
– Me and the husband are already EXHAUSTED, and we just started the camp season. Yikes!!
– I’ve stopped wearing makeup regularly. This is a big thing for me, I am that girl who ALWAYS has makeup on. I’m just more comfortable that way. I don’t know what it is, maybe my face has picked up some sun from working outside or something, but it looks OK to not wear makeup these days. It’s kind of cool to be able to get ready so fast in the morning!! And OK, I still wear some cream blush and a little powder to control shininess. So I haven’t given up makeup entirely.
– And yes, I do wear sunscreen. Semi-religiously.
– I think I’m in love with all the great staff we have working at camp this summer. These folks are seriously rad!! We’ve had a tough start to the summer, and it’s not going to be easy, but these people are going to make it awesome.
– You know how cool it looks when girls wear cute summer clothes with their hair down in beachy waves and stuff? Yeah, well, I can’t be that girl. :( It is so dang HOT here guys!! My hair has to be up in a bun or ponytail or in braids or I’m miserable. Sigh….
– Ice cream. It makes any day better. Pretty much anything frozen, actually.
– I do not like drama. I am so over it.
– But I do like naps. I miss them.
– For the girls’ retreat this past weekend, me and a small team of dedicated camp peeps worked around the clock to feed 50 people — and we pulled it off! I’m pretty sure nobody starved. And the way those kids were eating, I might even dare to say the food was GOOD. I now know things about industrial kitchens that I never thought I would know. I’m relieved, worn out, and pretty proud of myself!
– Also, I can now make killer sweet tea.
– In exactly one week, Ben and I will celebrate our 2-year anniversary. I really can’t believe it – 2 years already?!!
– On Friday the teen boys arrive for their turn. I’ll keep you posted. ;-)